What To Do With Lingerie When Valentine’s Day Is Over
If you have romantic plans for tonight that involve wine, roses, a fancy dinner, chocolate and of course, lingerie, good for you!
When the night is said and done you’ll be left with your scandalous skivvies that need to be cared for properly. Maybe you only dig them out once a year, but if you want to keep them in good shape, follow these guidelines to extend their life and the time you get to enjoy them.;-)
- Check the label -- Manufacturers know their product better than anyone else, so always take their advice first. And you know the drill by now -- If it says dry clean only, there’s a reason for it. We will be more than happy to dry clean your lingerie at Champion Cleaners. It will take more than that to embarrass us!
- No Instructions? You may have clipped off the label since, well…since these garments don’t typically offer a lot of fabric where labels can hide. Here are some guidelines for these situations:
- Most lingerie (especially if made of lace) should be hand washed in cold water with mild soap or hand washing detergent, such as Woolite.
- Fasten snaps, clasps and buttons while you’re washing to avoid any snagging or tearing of the material.
- Give it a good rinse when you’re done, and hang dry. Never machine dry your lingerie.
- If hand washing just isn’t your thing, you can try using your washing machine’s delicate cycle on cold (Never warm!). Use a lingerie bag or small washing bag for your garments so they don’t get caught on anything during the cycle. And again, always let your lingerie hang dry.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
(C) 2010 - 2013 D W Cleaners. LLC d/b/a Champion Cleaners, d/b/a CRDN of Birmingham, d/b/a Champion Wedding Gown Specialist. All Rights Reserved